Monday, March 2, 2009

Three Milestones

This weekend was a milestone weekend. My online network led me to blast through three milestones in what has become my ongoing social learning experiment.

1] Thanks to a number of coincidental weekend retweets, my Slideshare presentation: Creative Commons: What Every Educator needs to Know, passed 3000 views in its first month online.



2] The Teacher 2.0 Podcast had episode download number 50,000!



3] My Twitter tribe surpassed the 1000 mark, the same weekend that I found followee number 500. How could I resist sending my 3000th tweet?


It's been about a year and a half since I've engaged these diverse channels in publicly sharing my personal learning, and though these numbers in some way quantify the number of folks I've been networking with, these values pale when I consider the rich learning these connections have led me to experience, both as a teacher and as a student.

0 comments: